Introducing a video, discussion and teaching series focused on working with individuals with terminal illness. The sessions are based on actual filmed classes of Dr. Aoki teaching in 1987. In this series of 6 classes, a participant will:
- gain necessary knowledge about death and dying including: 9 fears associated with dying and definition of a "god death"
- acquire techniques designed preparing him or her to be "present", while listening to and working with individuals who are terminally ill
- understand the grieving process and the grieving of survivors
- be introduced to a conceptual understanding of suicidal thoughts and acts
- learn about and discuss life after death
- The final session will cover advanced care planning considerations and helpful community resources,
This series is intended for professionals and health care support staff/volunteers. However, adult family members are also welcome to attend. Seating is limited.
For registration go to: https://mitsaoki1.wufoo.com/forms/z59qa0900ah4k5/
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline: 10/11/2017
All classes are free of charge. Donations accepted.
For more information about Dr. Aoki visit https:www.pbshawaii.org/tag/mitsuo-aoki and www.MitsAoki.com and www.mitsaokilegacyfoundation.org for a link to a video of his teaching.
CEU's for social workers, nurses, and other health care professionals are pending application and approval.